Re: Bugzilla News

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Fri May 26 2006 - 01:07:13 CEST

Omer Zak wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 17:02 -0500, Ryan Pavlik wrote:
>

>> On another note, I'd like to extend my congratulations to the Summer of
>> Code participants - I've looked over the list of projects to be funded,
>> and I'm really excited to see the results! Through your work and the
>> work of our existing developers, AbiWord 2.6 will truly be the
>> Next-Generation Word Processor for Everyone!
>>

> I second the hopes.
>
> Only, I'd like to have the remaining RTL related bugs fixed.
>
> I use the most recent version of AbiWord in Debian Etch (Testing) in my
> laptop, which I use for computer assisted notetaking.
> This is a stress test for Hebrew handling of this wordprocessor, and
> each upgrade I test and get disappointed.
>
> There was a bug of "oscillating" text as characters get added. Few
> versions ago, this bug was "fixed" but at the price of breaking words in
> middle at end of Hebrew lines.
>
> The bug of rectangles when adding and deleting characters quickly still
> appears.
>
> When typing Hebrew text in LTR paragraph, there is still pixel dirt (I
> didn't report this bug in Bugzilla).
>
> Currently, I use gedit instead of AbiWord for notetaking when I do not
> need to have large fonts displayed.
>
> --- Omer

I am under the impression that Pango rendering, which may or may not
arrive in 2.5/6, should help with this. You are encouraged to report
all bugs found to the bug tracker that I just got done advertising
http://bugzilla.abisource.com in place of "reporting" them to a mailing
list where they are easily forgotten. Thanks for using AbiWord!

Ryan

--
Ryan Pavlik
AbiWord Win32 Platform Maintainer