Re: Bugzilla News

From: Omer Zak <omerz_at_actcom.co.il>
Date: Fri May 26 2006 - 00:15:52 CEST

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 17:02 -0500, Ryan Pavlik wrote:

> On another note, I'd like to extend my congratulations to the Summer of
> Code participants - I've looked over the list of projects to be funded,
> and I'm really excited to see the results! Through your work and the
> work of our existing developers, AbiWord 2.6 will truly be the
> Next-Generation Word Processor for Everyone!

I second the hopes.

Only, I'd like to have the remaining RTL related bugs fixed.

I use the most recent version of AbiWord in Debian Etch (Testing) in my
laptop, which I use for computer assisted notetaking.
This is a stress test for Hebrew handling of this wordprocessor, and
each upgrade I test and get disappointed.

There was a bug of "oscillating" text as characters get added. Few
versions ago, this bug was "fixed" but at the price of breaking words in
middle at end of Hebrew lines.

The bug of rectangles when adding and deleting characters quickly still
appears.

When typing Hebrew text in LTR paragraph, there is still pixel dirt (I
didn't report this bug in Bugzilla).

Currently, I use gedit instead of AbiWord for notetaking when I do not
need to have large fonts displayed.

                                                  --- Omer

--
You haven't made an impact on the world before you caused a Debian
release to be named after Snufkin.