Re: Moving some plugins back into the main tree?

From: Tomas Frydrych <tf_at_o-hand.com>
Date: Thu Jan 04 2007 - 16:09:05 CET

Hi Dom,

Dominic Lachowicz wrote:

> *) OpenDocument

Yep, entirely for.

> *) DocBook

Not entirely against, but not entirely convinced about this one -- is
the typical AbiWord user a docbook user as well ?

> *) The Win32 native graphics plugin

By all means.

> with the possibility of:
>
> *) WML
> *) XSL-FO
> *) OpenWriter
> *) StarWriter
>

> What do ya'll think?

I think if we decide to expand the range of the default filters, I would
prefer to have a configure option for most of them, to make it easy to
exclude them from the build. That way the packagers could do whatever
they deem appropriate without having to resort to patches and other ugly
hacks that packagers tend to produce.

Tomas