Re: patch for using gtk dnd in unix

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Fri Jan 26 2007 - 10:52:56 CET

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 16:02 +0100, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> in [1] is a patch for using gtk dnd functions instead of the
> cross-platform visual dnd.
>
> These are the current known issues:
>
> - Doesn't respect abi code conventions, any docs about it?

http://www.abisource.com/lxr/source/abi/docs/AbiSourceCodeGuidelines.abw , except that you can ignore the "Don't use C++ templates" part.

Especially our braces policy, ie:

if (foo)
{
        printf("good\n");
}

as opposed to

if (foo) {
        printf("bad\n");
}

Some may hate it, but consistency is more important than people's
feelings i guess :)

> - Only drags text.

If this is the case: can it be made a compile time option? In the XP
code we can drag anything (tables, columns, text, images, etc), which I
like quite a bit

> - When dragging in abi, the selections is updated following the mouse.
> Could I tell fv_View to not update the selection until the drag is over?

Do you mean the cursors follows the possible insertion point?

Marc