Re: patch for using gtk dnd in unix

From: Tomas Frydrych <tf_at_o-hand.com>
Date: Fri Jan 26 2007 - 12:02:52 CET

Hi Tomeu,

Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> - Only drags text.
Please do not commit this unless it provides all the same functionality
the current XP code does.

> - I have been passing some members from private to protected and making
> friend classes. I guess this is bad and could be improved.
Yes, FV_UnixVisualDrag should not be a friend of FV_View. We really want
no mention of platform-specific classes in FV_View if at all avoidable.

Also, XP classes should not be declared as friends of platform-specific
classes. For example, FV_View should not be a friend of FV_UnixVisual
drag; as an XP class FV_View needs to remain agnostic of internals of
the platform-specific implementations of any of the classes. The same
applies to all other XP classes. If the platform dnd code requires that
FV_View does something for it, then there needs to be an XP interface
for that.

> - Some view updating artifacts when finishing the drop inside abi.
Please do not commit this unless this has been completely resolved.

Also, you do not need to call member functions via the this pointer from
inside another non-static member function (i.e., the this-> in all the
::mouse methods).

I am generally anxious that at the run up to the 2.6 release no changes
would be made to the dnd code in CVS unless the new code provides all
the current functionality and there are no regressions. On the past
experience with dnd, I would prefer to leave this after 2.6 has been
released.

Tomas