Re: Help: Can't build Windows SVN due to libpng

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Wed Apr 09 2008 - 23:11:15 CEST

Bobby Weinmann wrote:
> I am trying to build on Windows. I am following Ryan's instructions
> at http://www.cleardefinition.com/page/Building_AbiWord_2_8_on_Windows/
>
> However, he only mentions that you need libpng, not how to install it.
>
> No matter how I install libpng, nor the source (GnuWin32 or GNOME), I
> get this error running win32-autogen.sh:
> configure: error: `png.h' not found, install libpng or specify
> CPPFLAGS to include custom locations
>
> This is the script I am using to build:
> #!/bin/sh
> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH='/mingw/lib/pkgconfig/'
> export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /mingw/share/aclocal/"
> export CPPFLAGS="-I/mingw/include/libpng13"
> ./win32-autogen.sh
>

> Bobby

I would not try to get 2.7/trunk going yet - I will make some nice
instructions sometime here first. For right now, go for 2.6 - the build
is perhaps simpler, and certainly better known by me. (And, my
instructions are actually accurate, aside from the fact you need to
change the svn checkout command to get the ABI-2-6-0-STABLE branch.)

--
Ryan Pavlik
www.cleardefinition.com
#282  +  (442) -  [X]