Re: Imminent release of 2.6.0

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Fri Mar 14 2008 - 19:52:53 CET

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 19:02 +0100, Marc "Foddex" Oude Kotte wrote:
> Points 3 through 5 are obvious enough, but how do I
> A) check if a .po is correct?

msgfmt -c ... note that we incorrectly use the & char in our
translation, so that always issues an error which you can ignore for
now.

> B) determine if it is for STABLE or TRUNK?

STABLE and TRUNK have different strings. If the translator has been kind
enough, he has updated the header in the .po file stating which version
the translation applies to. If not, then you'll have to ask the
translator, or grep for strings you know exist only in stable or trunk.

> Once that's solved, I'll do the translation stuff from now on.

Marc