Re: GSEAL migration

From: Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr>
Date: Wed Apr 15 2009 - 04:40:42 CEST

On 04/14/2009 05:09 AM, Ryan Pavlik wrote:

> What exactly does this involve? What distributions does this make our
> minimum requirement effectively? (What has 2.14?) Could this be done in
> a branch, as ifdefs, or should it be directly integrated immediately?

It involve stop using struct field and use accessors instead. But
unfortunately Gtk being what it is some simple accessor like
gtk_widget_get_window() are only in 2.14, which is not available in
serveral "enterprise" distro, and which I think isn't in Maemo either.

Anyway, I do have a huge patch with some ugly macros and even with gtk
2.14, Gtk still miss API to be usable with GSEAL_ENABLE so that we don't
need to upgrade the requirement while still planning on working with Gtk
3.0.

Cheers,

Hub