Re: Old feature branches

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Wed Mar 02 2011 - 17:16:11 CET

On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 10:43 +0600, Алекс wrote:

> What is the current state of branches gsoc2008flicker,

This was a failed Google SOC project to make our canvas double-buffered,
and can safely be deleted deleted. I just did that.

> gsoc2009gettext

This is a branch that moved our codebase to gettext, and also made our
plugins translatable. We should get that up to speed, and merge it IMO.
One of the biggest problems was that the dialogs on Unix and Windows
where translated using a different mechanism in this branch. Not sure if
the Windows dialogs were updated at all to be honest.

We should definitely look into this.

> gsoc2009tablelayout

Improvements to our table layout code. Martin knows the status best. Or
did we already merge this?

> and gsoc2010dialogs? Are they abandoned forever? Are they ready to be
> merged? Are they still actual?

Improvements to the format table and textbox dialogs iirc. If it is not
merged already, then we should do that.

If Maleesh is still on this list: how ready was/is this branch?

Cheers!
  Marc