Re: Old feature branches

From: Keith BOWES <zooplah_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 02 2011 - 21:54:15 CET

Je 2011-Mar-02 je 17:03, J.M. Maurer skribis:
> > gsoc2009gettext
>
> This is a branch that moved our codebase to gettext, and also made our
> plugins translatable. We should get that up to speed, and merge it IMO.
> One of the biggest problems was that the dialogs on Unix and Windows
> where translated using a different mechanism in this branch. Not sure if
> the Windows dialogs were updated at all to be honest.

Yeah, Robert wanted me to use intltool and GtkBuilder, which I did and
got some complaints but no real consensus of how it should be handled.
It would have been easy to switch back if that was what was the majority
wanted to be done.

The Windows dialogs should have worked. It's been like two years, so I
can't remember the specifics, but I still used the same classes as the
old XML-based .string format, but just as a wrapper around the
gettext(), textdomain() and bindtextdomain() functions (so that
switching between the main application, the plugins, etc. would get the
translations from the right source).

--
Keith Bowes <http://zooplah.farvista.net/>