Intention to submit our GSoC application this weekend.

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Mar 03 2011 - 10:37:25 CET

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to submit our application to GSoC this weekend.

So far the mentors we have are me, uwog and pradeeban.

I will be the GSoC administrator for 2011.

Our GSoC wiki page is here:

http://www.abisource.com/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2011

Our list of projects are:

 Add Hyphenation support
 Improve Track Changes UI
 Get our Mac port up to speed
 Table improvements
 Port AbiWord to gtk-3.0
 Speed up AbiWord for very large documents
 Reduce Flicker
 Add a testing framework
 Improve ODF support
 Stabilize the trunk for AbiWord-3.0 Windows release

If you have suggestions for projects please let us know or add them to the wiki!

If you would like to be a mentor this year please also let me know.
The more mentors we have the more students we take on AbiWord.

The rest of the wiki is in good shape. We have answers for all the
questions Google asks and I have worked out how to do the paperwork
required for non-USA organizations :-)