Re: chen xiajian_some questiones about enchant

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed May 18 2011 - 01:20:22 CEST

2011/5/18 chenxiajian1985 <chenxiajian1985@gmail.com>:
> Hi, All.
> I am working on GSoc Abiword this summer to implement the hyphenation support in Abiword. Before I implement the function, I find some code  in Abiword for spell-checking. so I follow the code to implement hyphenation function using enchant. And I have some questiones about enchant. thanks
> I want to use enchant to implement hyphenation to keep the dictionary seperately.
>
> the attachment1 is the main class diagram
> the attachment2 is the code I implement the hyphenation follow spell-checking code
>

> My question is:
> 1. Is there some funcition for hyphenation like enchant_dict_hyphenate in Enchant?

No there isn't.

> 2. how the enchant achieve the function? I can track in the code in enchant~

You'll have to write it. This will b quite tricky as only some
spell-checking dictionaries have hyphernation information. What you do
will have to detect whether the dictionary has hyphernation
information and gracefully handle these situations. You will need to
let the dictionary do spell checking even if there is no hyphernation
information.

> 3. give some suggestion to me about my codes, thanks

Sorry can't help there.

Martin