Re: Unhappy about tools and update policy

From: Pjotr <pliniusminor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun May 29 2011 - 00:21:38 CEST

@Morten:
Well, some distro developers tend to lend an ear to good arguments,
in my experience. :-)

For example, I've also been busy lately with expanding and improving
the upstream Dutch translations of Xfce 4.8 and Xfce Master (on
Transifex). My contacts with the Xubuntu developers about repackaging
the new upstream Xfce 4.8 Dutch language packs, not only for the
upcoming Xubuntu 11.10 but also for the already released Xubuntu
11.04, have been very positive.

It helps when you visit the devs in the IRC channels where they hang
out. If you have good arguments and are willing to spend some time in
making your point, posting new bug reports about this on Launchpad and
so on, it all helps....