Re: Vincent_ what is the expected behavior for Frame setting dialog

From: Ingo Brückl <ib_at_wupperonline.de>
Date: Wed Apr 04 2012 - 02:57:54 CEST

Simon Larochelle wrote on Tue, 3 Apr 2012 20:35:37 -0400:

> My preference would be that we adopt the same type of dialog behavior
> that GNUMERIC uses to set the borders of cells.

That would be "settings and preview show actual format of box/table/frame
when dialog opens".

But GNUMERIC doesn't seem to allow to switch cells while dialog is open
whereas AbiWord does.

> Concerning the issue of switching dialog boxes, it may be better to always
> reinitialize the preview area to the current state of the frame

But isn't that confusing? Shouldn't the preview area show what it *would*
look like if applying the settings (rather than what the frame *looks* like)?

> On the other hand, the settings should stay the same.

I agree.

Ingo