Re: Vincent_ what is the expected behavior for Frame setting dialog

From: Simon Larochelle <larochelle.simon.1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Apr 04 2012 - 13:14:57 CEST

Let me explain more precisely what I meant in the previous e-mail.

By settings, I mean only the content of the two boxes on the left
(thickness and color) and not the value of the left, top, bottom and
right borders before pressing the apply button. The value of these
parameters is always what is shown in the preview area.

As for GNUMERIC, what I like is that setting a border is a well
defined three steps process:
1) Set style and color
2) Apply these settings to some segments (left, top ...) or all segments
3) Press Apply

In Abiword, changing the border color or thickness menus (on the left)
directly changes the value for all currently drawn segments. So it is
very hard to set different values for the left and right segments (say
black and 1 for the left border, and red and 6 for the right border).
Also, if we toggle a segment that was previously off, instead of the
segment being created with the color and thickness values shown in the
two boxes on the left, it is created with the default values (black
and 1/2). This is why I said I had to fight the UI.

Regards,

Simon