Re: Work to release Abiword 3.0

From: Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Dec 16 2012 - 20:34:48 CET

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Simon Larochelle
<larochelle.simon.1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to start a discussion on the work needed to complete
> Abiword version 3.0. Here is my list,

> 2) I18n: We should have one last round of translation updates before
> the release. Note that one string was modified since release 2.9.4
> (revision 32521).

I will update the POT on Pootle shortly to make sure I caught that.

I would also like to do a top-to-bottom review of i18n within the core
code on including new languages (and removing some redundant
variations). We have some new languages that have very light levels
of coverage, but Marc and I agree it is best to ship them as a means
of encouraging further work.

Please note that this will unavoidably introduce new strings (for the
new language names), but it is not necessarily that critical that
Kinyarwanda users have the translated name of Nahuatl or vice versa.

cjl