New translations

From: Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Mar 19 2012 - 02:02:32 CET

Dear Abiword Localizers,

I know I have a few languages to catch up on (son, ff, nl). I
apologize for the delay, but I've been very busy with some urgent
family business and I will get these submitted as soon as I can.

At some point, I would like to discuss the possibilities of direct
submission of PO files from the Pootle user interface to the AbiWord
SVN. That would not address the processing of the files into .strings
format, but perhaps a script can be developed to address that element
of the L10n workflow.

The "Commit to VCS" priv is limited to language administrators in
Pootle, but as I am the Pootle admin, giving that priv to registered
users (for a given single language) is quite simple, as are the steps
for performing the "Commit to VCS" (in the AbiWord case, your SVN is
the version control system).

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Translation_Team/Administration_QuickStart

Having PO files committed via Pootle does not prevent anyone from
using their favorite off-line PO editor as it is also a simple matter
to download and upload PO files to and from Poolte, including the
ability to grant "overwrite" privs (as are typically held by lang
admins).

If anyone has any questions about how direct commits from Pootle would
impact the L10n workflow or how granting the commit priv via a
specially created proxy user with an SSH key controlled by trusted
Sugar Labs system admins (a repo committer named "pootle") can be done
while maintaining overall security, I would be happy to address them.

The biggest advantage is the disintermediation (getting rid of the
middleman) between the trusted localizers (lang admins) and commits of
new PO files to the repository.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator