Re: New translations

From: Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Mar 19 2012 - 13:14:36 CET

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 2:08 AM, Ibraahiima SAAR
<ibrahima.sarr@pulaagu.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
> This is what I do with Mozilla translations in Verbatim (Mozilla
> Pootle server). I have admin rights for Fulah. So I commit files on my
> own, update them from SVN within Pootle and it's much faster and
> easier to handle than having everything done via a "middleman" as you
> rightly put it. As I am a experienced user of Virtaal, I just upload my
> offline translations with the same admin priv.
> Processing work quickly is a source of high motivation for localizers,
> many would agree with me.

Yes, the process is quite simple for lang admins as you know, the only
challenge with AbiWord is that the final form they use for the L10n is
a .strings file and there is a script that needs to be run and the
.strings file committed to make the L10n land completely, so this will
require some cooperation from the developers to automate that process
as Pootle will only do the commit of the PO file. This should not be
an insurmountable problem, but it needs to be addressed.

cjl