js compile failure on an Alpha

Brian E.W. Wood (beww@intac.com)
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 00:13:06 -0500 (EST)

OK, for reference this was the problem compiling js:

make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/js/jsas'
rm -f jsas.js
for i in process.js operands.js main.js; do cat ./$i >> jsas.js; done
./src/js -g -Wpedantic -O2 -c jsas.js
make[2]: *** [jsas] Illegal Instruction (core dumped)

I tried the tarball instead of the cvs tree with the same result (although the
oddball digits in the flags were not there, so there is some sort of problem
with the cvs version).

I tried removing the -O2 flag from the JSCOMPILER_FLAGS from the /src/js/jsas
Makefile, still the same problem.

I'm pretty much out of ideas. I just don't know enough about javascript and the
js compiler to proceed any further. I will post the problem to the axp-list to
see if anybody has got javascript to work on this platform.

I know this is not really an Abi-specific problem, perhaps I should take it to
the NGS folks? I hate to have to join *another* mailing list but I am
determined to make this work, you know how that goes :-)

Any ideas appreciated as always.

---
Brian E.W. Wood  beww@intac.com