Re: Make and Fonts

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.abisource.com)
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 13:54:23 -0500

"Darren O. Benham" wrote:
> Currently, the make system looks for fonts before it will compile the rest
> of the package. Is that Necessary? It kills the autobuild systems of
> Debian. I'd like to take it out.

Not according to my Makefiles. When the fonts moved entirely out
of the tree, the requirements tree also moved inside src/config
and the list of things to check is as follows:

REQUIRE= _GCC_ _GLIB_ _GTK_ _ZLIB_ _LIBPNG_
## REQUIRE= _GCC_ _GLIB_ _GTK_ _ZLIB_ _LIBPNG_ _FONTS_ #_COLE_
REQUIRECLEAN= clean_ZLIB_ clean_LIBPNG_ #clean_COLE_
REQUIREREALCLEAN= $(REQUIRECLEAN)

Fonts aren't checked any longer; they've been moved to
the new unixfonts-[version].tar.gz package and are installed
somewhere completely not in the tree (somewhere we don't want
to hack Makefiles to find them).

--
Shaw Terwilliger