Re: Sparc Binaries

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.abisource.com)
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 13:57:07 -0500

"Darren O. Benham" wrote:
> I'm not sure if you're keeping a list of "successful architectures" but if
> you are, you can add sparc and glibc2.1 :)

We have an UltraSparc in house, but it's running Solaris 2.7 now.
AbiWord builds fine, but since Sun's compilers cost more than the
stupid machine ($3,495 for the SunPro C++ compiler), I built EGCS
to do the compiling there. Currently, it's only producing 32-bit
binaries, and I'm not sure there is a 64-bit EGCS UltraSparc
target.

The problem is that we've introduced a word size problem in
enumeration sizes with the File->Open dialog. I'm fixing this
right now.

--
Shaw Terwilliger