Re: Graphics in AbiWord

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 15:27:44 -0700

At 12:39 PM 4/27/99 -0400, Jeff Johnson wrote:
>How did you get the AbiSource logo in the Sample memo document? I have tried
>using the import picture option, but it doesn't recognize gif's or jpg's.

The import logic currently only handles PNG files (which is the format we
store natively). We'd like to have a decent cross-platform framework for
importing additional image file formats, but haven't come up with one yet.

Anyone interested in working on this feature should look at the GR_Graphics
classes and the IE_Imp and IE_Exp mechanism for models.

Paul