Re: How get into the game?

Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Thu, 05 Aug 1999 10:36:45 -0500

At 10:02 AM 8/5/99 -0400, Patrick Reid Lyons wrote:

>Hi, my name is Reid and I'm a MS student in computer science. I'd like to
>work part time on some open source development e.g. AbiSuite (or other
>projects). How do I get started? I'm new to the linux/open source
>community and excited about the possibilities.

The best thing to do is download the source, and take a look. Use AbiWord.
See what you like, see what you don't. Spend a few minutes at bugzilla.
By the time you have done all these things, you'll have a pretty good idea
of what needs worked on, and which of them is of a size you are comfortable
with.

Pick something small to get started. Everyone on the list will be glad to
offer help with any specific issue. Good luck!

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist