Re: PPC linux.mk fix

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.sourcegear.com)
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 22:48:34 -0500

Gary Thomas wrote:
> Depending on the version of EGCS/GCC you have installed, you might
> also want to add "-fno-schedule-insns2" as well. This is/was necessary
> to get things to work well on my system.

I don't have a PPC Linux box to test these out on (I will soon, thanks
to the LinuxPPC guys and a new PowerBook I've ordered; FedEx decides
which will get here first. :) ).

Is -fno-schedule-insns2 harmful or a missing option on older or
non EGCS compilers? If it's a safe option, I think I'll add it to the
PPC Linux options in the distributed Makefile.

--
Shaw Terwilliger