Re: Abiword

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer (bero@mandrakesoft.com)
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 22:07:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, James Reategui wrote:

> I tried out your Abi software suite

Which version?

> and opened an important text document of
> mine. I did some modifications to it and then saved. When I tried to open the
> file again, came to the surprise that it had only saved the first lines of the
> entire 300k document. An entire months work had gone to the trash!!!

Can you give us some more details?
Such as:
- size of the saved file (so we can determine whether there was a
problem with loading or with saving it)
- version and operating system you're using
- what exactly you've been doing
- compiler you've been using (or precompiled binary?)

> How can you even distribute a program that wont save?

I've never had this problem. Neither do most other users.
Granted, the longest textfile I'm working on is about 120k; maybe there is
a problem with huge files.

> Even if it is free, you
> should still make a comment about it that it cant save right and will corrupt
> files.

It usually won't.

LLaP
bero