commit -- fixed: top ruler / tabs problem

Subject: commit -- fixed: top ruler / tabs problem
From: Stephen Hack (shack@uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 21:07:24 CST

I found what the problem was. Not in the use of the wrong *this pointers (via
creating/destroying the rulers), but in the gtk resize call. It would set the
height of the widget, only if it was != getHeight (which would ALWAYS return
32, the s_iFixedHeight. You could set the height via setHeight, but never
retrieve the value.

There are two ways to fix this.
    1) Don't allow setHeight
    2) Set the default height to s_ifixedHeight, then allow changes

I implemented the 2nd.

I was seeing this problem when I would show the rulers. This is because it
receives two resize signals, one with the height of 1 (which would set the
setHeight because 1 != getHeight (which was 32)), then a second signal w/
height of 32 (which it would NOT set because according to getHeight, the
height was already 32 (instead of 1).

-shack