Re: wvWarning: invalid list entry

Subject: Re: wvWarning: invalid list entry
From: Danny Faught (faught@rstcorp.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 11:43:12 CST

Caolan McNamara wrote:
> Were fastsaves on ?. Even an empty file that began life as a bigger
> file will retain all its old list information buried away in it despite
> appearing empty. In fact I personally suspect that the invalid list entries
> might be some sort of marker flag to show that the rest of the list styles
> are no invalid. Or maybe its just a big of a big in how word saves its lists,
> the invalid list entry warnings are just placeholders for me to point out
> that there is some unknown mechanism as work.

Nope. I've been advised to avoid fast saves like the plague.

The first time I saw this, I deleted a lot of styles, but there were
many that I couldn't delete. The final list of styles differred quite a
bit from the default styles I got when creating a document from
scratch. (All of these documents were written by other people on
different machines.)

-Danny