RE: wvWarning: invalid list entry

Subject: RE: wvWarning: invalid list entry
From: Caolan McNamara (Caolan.McNamara@ul.ie)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 07:40:17 CST

On 07-Dec-99 Danny Faught wrote:
>I've seen two or three Word documents that I import to AbiWord on Linux
>and get several of these warnings on the command line:
>
>wvWarning: invalid list entry, trucking along happily anyway
>
>In one case, when I saved the file (created with Word '97) using Word
>2000, AbiWord didn't emit this warning any more. I could delete
>everything in the file (using Word '97), delete all the styles I could,
>make sure no fancy features were enabled, and the seemingly empty file
>still generated this warning when I imported it.

Were fastsaves on ?. Even an empty file that began life as a bigger
file will retain all its old list information buried away in it despite
appearing empty. In fact I personally suspect that the invalid list entries
might be some sort of marker flag to show that the rest of the list styles
are no invalid. Or maybe its just a big of a big in how word saves its lists,
the invalid list entry warnings are just placeholders for me to point out
that there is some unknown mechanism as work.

C.

Real Life: Caolan McNamara * Doing: MSc in HCI
Work: Caolan.McNamara@ul.ie * Phone: +353-86-8790257
The most important thing is the thing most easily forgotten