Re: Saving files on BeOS

Subject: Re: Saving files on BeOS
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 08:57:48 CST

At 08:04 AM 12/8/99 -0500, Thomas Fletcher wrote:
>Well the bad news is that I couldn't reproduce your problem ...
>I guess that that is good news too =;-)

Yes, that is good news.

>Did you do a full make clean to get things going ... is
>this on PPC or on x86 (I've been doing my tests on my
>x86 box since my PPC box has gone away recently). What
>problems were you having compiling that Dan helped you
>out with?

I always do a make realclean. Bsically, there isn't much to tell. I
cannot write out a file, nor read one it. When I try to open a .abw file,
I get an error dialog that reads "Error importing file". When I try to
write one out, AbiWord hangs.

The fix from Daniel was to add some libraries to xap_BeOSDialog_Zoom.cpp.
I couldn't compile because atoi wasn't available until I added stdlib.h or
stdio.h.

I am trying to avoid upgrading the OS for a few weeks if I can help it.
Does anybody on the face of the planet use r4 anymore?

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist