Re: commit -- Scott Kovner trailblazes Mac port

Subject: Re: commit -- Scott Kovner trailblazes Mac port
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Sat Dec 18 1999 - 20:30:50 CST

At 06:49 PM 12/18/99 -0600, Robert Sievers wrote:
>You knew it would happen. It was just a question of when and who.
>
>Scott Kovner, kovner@austin.rr.com, has starting cranking away on getting
>AbiWord to compile on the Mac.

It's very cool to see this port under way again. I take it from a quick
scan of the diffs that the Mac folks may be close to getting everything to
link again.

Next step is, I suppose, to get the app to crash on launch -- a major
milestone in every porting job I've ever been part of! :-)

>This checkin is fairly localized, and shouldn't casue any problems. There
>are multiple people wanting to work on this, so once Caolan has a chance to
>fix wv/field.c, efforts can continue.

What's the issue with wv/field.c? I don't remember seeing anything about it
on the list, and wv currently builds fine for me (modulo the usual warnings.)

Paul