Re: AbiWord 0.7.7

Subject: Re: AbiWord 0.7.7
From: Matt Coulson (mcoulson@calderasystems.com)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 13:32:04 CST

Although the Gnome Version is rather helpful to some, it is rather annoying to
others. Since Gnome isn't a standard part of Linux (it isn't in all the various
distributions, Suse, Caldera, TurboLinux, Debian, Corel, etc.) Without adding
several libaries and significant hacking it is difficult getting the Linux
version to compile (I am still working on getting all of my patches ready for
submission) I do know how going with a specific desktop and its subsequent
libaries is useful (much of my programming uses the Qt libararies) but due to
the desire the Abisuite project (to have as much cross platform code as
possible) Why should we cause additional issues within a platform?

Just my opinion

Matthew Coulson
Caldera Systems Inc.
mcoulson@calderasystems.com