Re: AbiWord 0.3.4

Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com)
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 00:49:13 +0000 ( )

KeyID 1024D/73348CA0
Fingerprint 8EFC 7F10 F26C 55A8 458A 38B0 890F 384F 7334 8CA0
Public key available at http://www.vitelus.com/aaronl/pubkey.asc

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Paul Rohr wrote:

> 3. Interactive spell-checking (kind of) works. If you have an ispell
> american.hash dictionary in the usual place (/usr/lib/ispell/ on Linux, or
> the app directory on Win32), you'll get red squiggles as you type. Still
> needs a bunch of work though.

I hope this is optional, it's one of the features I could never stand in
MS Word 98. Lets not become another Microsoft Word. My teacher hands out
papers with incorrect capitalization (e.g. the first word on every line in
a list of words..), and she says "Blame it on Bill Gates". There are
plenty of things that AbiWord needs before bloat. Off hand, I can think of
mail merge, advanced formatting, print previewing, grammer checking,
stationary, and macros. Those are all more important to me than
interactive spell checking, which i find annoying and unhelpful.