Re: suggestions & observations

Larry Kollar (kollar@stc.net)
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 07:46:06 -0400

Robert Sievers wrote:

>>o Why not set the default file extension for saved new files to ".abw"?
>
>This has been done for the Windows version....
>
>Would people want files to automatically
>append a ".abw" to the file name on UNIX?

Make it a user-selectable item (put it in AbiWord.Profile?). I don't
have a Windows box, have no intention of using one, and have no
personal need to accommodate Windows. Others *do* have this need.

Since AbiWord is smart enough to detect its own files, can the Windows
version open files with *no* extension and add it on Save?