Re: suggestions & observations

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.abisource.com)
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 09:58:13 -0500

On Thu, Jul 01, 1999 at 07:48:08AM -0400, Larry Kollar wrote:
> Joel Schneider wrote:
>
> >o It would be nice if AbiWord supported some standard CDE keystrokes.
> >Here are the ones I know:
> > copy: Ctrl-Ins
> > paste: Shift-Ins
> > cut: Shift-Del
>
> And middle mouse-button paste! I was counting on having that the other
> night, and it didn't work! :-P

Right now I'm the only guy doing X front-end work and I've got a lot
of other stuff to do. If people send me patches that cleanly implement
a feature chances are I'll apply it and the feature will be there.

The exception comes in where a patch affects all platforms at once
(like getopt parsing in main, or middle mouse binding) but in slightly
different ways for each. These will just take a bit more work to get
right--the mouse bindings are all cross-platform now, but we don't want
mouse3 to do paste on Windows or BeOS if the user clicks it. Making this
happen isn't trivial, but it's not much harder than adding the feature
itself.

--
Shaw Terwilliger