Re: I would like to create On-Line HELP

Eric W. Sink (eric@postman.abisource.com)
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 08:36:43 -0500

Standard response:

1. Go for it!

2. Keep in touch, letting abiword-dev know how it's going.

3. Let abiword-dev know if you need any help. (pun intended)

More customized response:

Yes, we've intended all along that AbiWord's online help would be done
in HTML. There have been a lot of notions and ideas tossed around,
but I'm not aware of any effort which has gotten off the ground.

Eventually, AbiWord will need a printed manual as well as an online
help system. There has been some discussion of sharing content
between the two, but nothing firm yet. AFAIK, there is no active
effort right now to develop the printed manual.

Several other people have expressed an interest in helping with
documentation, but I don't think there's any organization among those
folks right now. In a perfect world, one of the interested people
should volunteer to serve as a coordinator for "all efforts related to
documentation and help". I doubt the traffic of such an effort would
be enough to create abiword-doc yet, but it's conceivable...

--

--
Eric W. Sink, Software Craftsman
eric@abisource.com