Re: Buliding 0.7.3 on Win32

Alan Young (ayoung@teleport.com)
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 18:39:51 -0700

Jeff Hostetler wrote:

> it'd probably be more correct to say that i've gone thru those
> nasty hacks so that i can compile abiword.exe on a non-c drive,
> but haven't had time/desire/motivation to hack all the way thru
> the build process and include the parts used by the setup program.
>
> sorry.
>
> can you get it to compile everything if you build it on your c drive ??

Oh...Sorry, I did not realize there was that much dependency on where
the source was located.

Since Win-anything tends to like to install everything and anything to C:
and then trash the system partition when it feels like it, I do my best
to install projects and programs to other drives/partitions. The one nice
thing about NT is you can rearrange drive letters on the fly. :)
I swapped drive letters and did a make clean and then a make distribution
and now it builds. Can a note about this be placed in the src/readme.txt?

If you can tell me what to look for to clean this up, I'd be more than
happy to start looking at the makefiles.

Alan