Re: cannot open abiword

Justin Bradford (justin@ukans.edu)
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 21:10:10 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, springstof wrote:

> > I think I understand. You need to load the right executable first (which
> > you don't do with the run command).
> > The easy way is just to start gdb like this: gdb abiword
>
> ok here i get:
> "/usr/x11r6/bin/abiword" not in executable formar : file format not recognized

So does running '/usr/X11R6/bin/abiword' actually start the program?

I'm bringing this back onto the list because I'm confused.
Does anyone know why gdb would think abiword is not an executable?
Is that path to a directory or something? I've never had a packaged
distribution of Abiword, so I don't know the layout.

Justin