Re: cannot open abiword

Brian =?iso-8859-1?Q?Boss=E9?= (bhb002@drake.edu)
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 00:16:38 -0500

"AbiWord" is not an executable. AbiWord_d (dynamically linked) and
AbiWord_s (staticly linked) are. AbiWord is just a script to launch
them. I've had the best success with gdb attaching it to an already
running instance of AbiWord_d (or _s, which ever one the script picks).
(command something like "gdb /usr/local/AbiWord/bin/AbiWord_d 10000"
where that path is, well, where AbiWord_d lives (that's where it is on
my system anyway) and 10000 is the pid of a running instance.)

Any other questions feel free to mail me personal or whatever.

Brian