Fwd: Re: cannot open abiword

springstof (springstof@antenna.nl)
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 07:25:39 +0200

> > > I think I understand. You need to load the right executable first (which
> > > you don't do with the run command).
> > > The easy way is just to start gdb like this: gdb abiword
> >
> > ok here i get:
> > "/usr/x11r6/bin/abiword" not in executable formar : file format not recognized
>
> So does running '/usr/X11R6/bin/abiword' actually start the program?

oooo i just discovered by browsing with kfm through the files that
/usr/X11R6/bin/abiword is a shorcut to the target
/usr/share/abisuite/bin/abiword
so then i looked in this directory. there i found two icons. one was a shell
skript and the other a program. the shortcut reffered to the shell-script and
yes by clicking on this icon i did get the abiword window without something in
it (like my problem was). by clicking the program i saw starting up the splash
but did get the message "found no font index files (fonts.dir) in any fonts path
/home/mek/fonts etcetc... and abiword didnt start.
i think this should be the right one. but it is still strange because i used it
earlier and i am too new at linux to do this kind of changes by myself so the
package or whatever did it automatically.

mek