Re: commit -- clipboard progress (unix and beos)

Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 08:14:41 -0400

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Jeff Hostetler wrote:

> got to love that shared code stuff...
>
> it now works on unix (in plain text and RTF formats)
> using our internal clipboard. we're not yet integrated
> with the XSelection mechanism....
>
> it now works on beos using our internal clipboard.
> does anybody know anything about the beos system clipboard ?
>
> jeff

I do, I do! =;-)

BeOS doesn't actually have any sort of format clipboard
as it stands currently. There are some loosely defined
defacto-standards for text clippings, and there is
even a PASTE/CUT/COPY message. I'll look into it
further and try and patch things up. Right now my
priority list for the BeOS port looks like:

1) Fix the annonying font drawing/selection problem

2) Add the right click context menu
Create a nice font selection dialog

3) Everything else

Thomas

Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf