Mac port of AbiWord

Benjamin Pollack (foxtrot@travelin.com)
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 14:16:16 -0500

Quite awhile ago, I said I'd be happy to help on a port of AbiWord for
the Mac. At first, I thought someone was already helping a bit. When I
realized I was the only one, my initial reaction was, "okay, cool, I can
handle that. I've worked on open source before. Not exactly a project
this size, but I've helped, I can handle this."

Finals are over, so I finally fired up MPW on Monday and took a serious
look at the code. In short, I think I *way* over committed here. I've
helped on smaller projects before, but I think I managed to commit
myself to something a little bit larger than I'm used to.

In other words, I don't think I'll be able to help very much with the
Mac port right at this point in time, so I guess this is a general
notice that you shouldn't expect groundbreaking announcements on the Mac
side anytime soon.

I'm sorry if I let anyone on this list down. While I can't help right
now on a Mac port, I'm still interested in helping in general. Perhaps
when I get Linux installed on a new Wintel machine which I just ordered,
I can work on removing the need for Bugzilla, which is a small enough
task I should be able to get more done. As I get used to doing larger
and larger projects, I'll come back and work on the port.

Benjamin Pollack