Re: AbiWord on NT

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 18:24:38 -0700

At 10:38 AM 6/18/99 -0500, Michael Meeks wrote:
> What are the plans for the spreadsheet ? I remember seeing AbiCalc
>on some website somewhere (?) how does this fit in with other free
>spreadsheet packages ?

To remain true to our XP focus, what we'd eventually like to do is a big bad
code smash to combine together the best of:

- the excellent GTK-specific work you folks have been doing on Gnumeric,
- our abi/src/af stuff.

We had a few folks take an initial stab at this last fall, but none of that
experiment survived. :-(

For the time being, we've got our hands pretty full moving AbiWord along, so
this AbiCalc strategy is currently on hold.

Paul