What I need to be able to switch to Abi-word.

ArcadePreserv Center (arcadepreserv@hotmail.com)
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 01:38:12 PDT

At my work, we are all very upset with Ms-Word for several reasons.

Now I tested Abi-word, and I am prepared to suggest a switch to it when the
following issues are fixed.

1) the RTF inport/export cannot handle headings information. All headings
are translated to normal text.

2) We would need headings numbering, in the 1. 1.1 1.1.1 fashion, as well as
automatic table of contents making.

3) We would need ms-word compatible (in RTF) Headers and footers.

4) We need tables. (RTF compatible).

When this is done, we can do 95% of what we do in ms-word with Abi-word, and
if we have RTF compatibility we can (and many of us surely WILL) make the
switch.

For the future we alse need Revision control, and at least jpeg/WMF image
import facility.