Re: What I need to be able to switch to Abi-word.

John Ellson (ellson@lucent.com)
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 09:43:32 -0400

Thomas Fletcher wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Caolan McNamara wrote:
>
> > On 25-Jun-99 ArcadePreserv Center wrote:
> > >
> > >For the future we alse need Revision control, and at least jpeg/WMF image
> > >import facility.
>
> I must say that I always find this most amusing. Revision
> control of a document (it seems to me) belongs in a
> program that does revision control (rcs, cvs etc) but
> not in the word processor. Just my opinion of course,
> but if we had some sort of "add-on" capability it would
> be fairly straightforward to add a revision control
> module.

Isn't this a word processor issue because of the need to support
diff marking in the formatted output(s) ?

I do agree that in a Un*x world we should be using rcs or cvs
for the document control facility. What would be nice would
be a way to render a diff marked document from any pair of
versions.

John Ellson