Re: AbiWord and PostScript Type 1

Pawee Lorsuwannarat (pawee@softhome.net)
Mon, 08 Mar 1999 09:44:11 +0700

Hello there

Shaw Terwilliger wrote:

> > Fonts showing on screen are different to the printed ones:
> > I don't know why is this happened, since all of fonts that I have, can
> > be used with StarOffice, completely correct. My fonts also consist of
> > characters other than English, within code range of 255.
> > All characters show on screen correctly, but only English characters
> > printed out correctly. I've tried
>
> Do all characters look incorrect when printed, or are you just seeing
> the non-ASCII characters with incorrect characters substituted
> on print? I think I might know your problem if that's the case.

I guess it's non-ASCII characters with incorrect characters substituted on
printed. For example, if I type
"Hello ‘’€" it will become "Hello ¨Ίδ" when printed. (sorry to type this in)
each characters in "‘’€" and "¨Ίδ" are exactly my regional fonts but they
seems to be inproperly matched with those showing on screen.

> You didn't mention which version of AbiWord you've been trying.

It is AbiWord 0.5.0.

Thank you very much, this is very informative.
Pawee Lorsuwannarat