Re: Editor pounding

Micah Yoder (LYoder@cyberis.net)
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 15:36:19 -0800

--------------62ACE1806C2D02C709FDD61D

> >One problem, perhaps you're aware of it: When there is a border between
> >one color and another, and you select a region of text including the
> >color change and then change fonts on that selection, the text becomes
> >invisible. You can still highlight it with the mouse and see it, but
> >under normal conditions it doesn't appear.
>
> I just checked Bugzilla and didn't find a bug report (from you or anyone
> else) on this, so I tried the following sequence on a current Windows build,
> which worked fine:
>
> 1. open a new document
> 2. paste in the following phrase "blue text red text"
> 3. select "blue text " and make it blue
> 4. select "red text" and make it red
> 5. select "text red" and change its font

Hmm. Try it on a Linux build. I'm using Linux.

As per Robert's request, here is an attached file that demonstrates it.
I typed "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" and repeated it 5
times total. I changed the color from default to blueish on all of the
second instance to "the quick brown fox" in the third. I then changed
the font of the entire third instance to Dingbats. The third instance
is invisible.
--------------62ACE1806C2D02C709FDD61D

<!-- ===================================================================== -->
<!-- This file is an AbiWord document. -->
<!-- AbiWord is a free, Open Source word processor. -->
<!-- You may obtain more information about AbiWord at www.abisource.com -->
<!-- You should not edit this file by hand. -->
<!-- ===================================================================== -->

<!-- Build_ID = eclipse-micah -->
<!-- Build_Options = JavaScript:Off Debug:On -->
<!-- Build_Target = Linux_2.0.36_i386_DBG -->
<!-- Build_CompileTime = 14:20:30 -->
<!-- Build_CompileDate = Mar 12 1999 -->

<awml>
<section>
</section>
</awml>