Re: MS Word 5.1 Error

Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:53:30 +0100

According to Bill Tihen <bill@mail.tasis.ch>:
> I have tried to import a Word5.1 document created on a Mac
> with Mathematical equations -- I get an import error. In
> fact, I have just tried importing old files create on a Mac
> with 5.1 and none of them will import. I am using AbiWord
> 7.6. MS Word 6.0 documents created on a Mac and Windows
> seems to work just fine. (I don't konw about those with
> equations).

Word 5.1 File format is completely different. So that is not a
bug, it is a feature.

To developpers: is it possible to make sure the .doc file you get
is an OLE file, and if not try to import it as a docfile
stream... (because on this point Word 5.x Mac is not really
different to a Word 6.0 docfile once OLE enveloppe has been
removed) ?

> Any ideas?

Export to RTF and try again. Sorry.

Hub