Re: MS Word 5.1 Error

Justin Bradford (justin@ukans.edu)
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:57:26 -0600 (CST)

> I have tried to import a Word5.1 document created on a Mac
> with Mathematical equations -- I get an import error. In
> fact, I have just tried importing old files create on a Mac
> with 5.1 and none of them will import. I am using AbiWord
> 7.6. MS Word 6.0 documents created on a Mac and Windows
> seems to work just fine. (I don't konw about those with
> equations).
>
> Any ideas? I would be happy to send the file to you if you
> would like to debug this error.

Our Word importer currently only supports Word 6.0 and newer documents.
I believe that we can eventually add earlier Word formats, but I don't
know what the timeline will be.

Also, the equations in your Word documents probably won't show up yet in
AbiWord. Support for that will be available in later versions, after the
1.0 release.

Justin Bradford
justin@ukans.edu