Re: commit -- fixed build

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Fri, 08 Oct 1999 13:45:33 -0700

At 08:18 AM 10/8/99 -0400, Thomas Fletcher wrote:
>I don't think that the accelerators are being mapped properly
>because I believe that that field is being ignored and the
>default accelerator is being auto generated from the text
>of the menu.

Doh! I should have guessed that from the pictures. You'll just need to
upgrade your implementation of _ev_GetLabelName() to more-or-less match the
other platforms.

>The other bad news is that last night was my first complete
>build in a while and I got among other things the new
>"flashing" cursor. While a neat preference (can't wait
>until we have a preferences dialog so I can turn it off,
>my particular taste is for no flashing cursor),

Actually, you don't necessarily have to wait. The code to control flashing
is fairly localized, so if you'd like to define and use a new preference for
that using the existing (file-based) mechanism, it shouldn't be too hard.

>it quickly
>highlighted a problem with my timer class ... I'm surprised
>that it didn't come up sooner. In any case, for the time
>being I'm going to have to check in a timer class that doesn't
>work so that people don't always end up with crashes. This
>sucks since it will in turn disable the spell checking.
>
>It looks like the bulk of the problem is that putting the
>timer fire code in a seperate thread is a little too asynchronous
>for the Abi framework, and that when dialogs are put up,
>they don't first stop existing timers. This is likely one
>of these BeOS specific problems, like modal windows, that
>will need some sort of "interesting" work around.

Bummer. Fortunately, with Justin's new spelling dialog, at least they'll
have an alternative way to make the feature work.

>In other good news, I put together three new dialogs last
>night -- Font Selector, Zoom and Spelling --- based on
>the last screenshots that were posted. I'll hopefully
>put the code in to support those within the next week.

Great. With all the cool work being done recently, we're overdue for an
0.7.6 release, which is now just waiting for us to reach platform parity
with for the three new dialogs (Zoom, Spelling, and Paragraph).

>Feels good to be working on the project again.

Good to have you back, married guy. :-)

Paul