Re: design q -- simplifying the spell dialog UI

Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 08:03:50 -0400

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Paul Rohr wrote:

> This question is especially directed at the platform-specific widget experts
> on GTK and BeOS, namely:
>
> How much work would it be for you to change that first control in the
> upper left of the dialog -- ie, where the sentence goes -- from read-only
> to editable?
>
> >From a quick look at the GTK code and docs, I think it already is editable
> -- nothing a little gtk_text_set_editable() can't cure -- but I have no idea
> what the corresponding BeOS widget capabilities are. Thomas?

I don't think that it would be a big deal if you are just looking at
the unformatted text in the preview (as opposed to a mixed combination
of fonts, styles, sizes etc). We got editable text boxes on BeOS to
ya know =;-). Of course an XP solution would rock, but I'd be happy
to make the text box editable.

Thomas

Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf